- 05 JAN 2021
The Official Opening of the Roxborough Hospital
The community of Roxborough officially welcomed the opening of the long-awaited Roxborough Hospital today (Tuesday 05th January, 2021). Prime Minister Dr the Hon. Keith Rowley said the new medical facility will save lives and provide critical healthcare services to the residents of East Tobago and surrounding environs.
The new 31,320 square feet hospital located on Bloody Bay Road, Roxborough Tobago, was completed at a cost of $98,379,410.04 (VAT Inclusive).
The Prime Minister during the feature address noted that the completion of the hospital was done while the country continues to face economic challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Minister in the Office of the Prime Minister and Member of Parliament for Tobago East, Ayanna Webster-Roy in her remarks at the ceremony stated that the new state-of-the-art hospital will provide timely access to quality health care services and will bring an ease to the Scarborough Hospital.
Chief Secretary of the Tobago House of Assembly, the Hon. Ancil Dennis thanked Prime Minister Rowley for the government’s commitment to the accelerated development of East Tobago through the Central Government and the THA.
The Roxborough Hospital is outfitted with:
– Basic Health Centre Services- Wound Care, Doctor Consultation.
– General Walk-in Services- Patient Assessment, Vaccine, Pharmacy Dispensing.
– Accident and Emergency Services.
– Specialty Clinical Services – Outpatient Services.
– Dental Services – General and Surgery Services.
– Imaging Services – X-Ray, Ultrasound and CT Scan.
– Allied Health Support Services- Phlebotomy, HIV testing, Point-of-Care testing, Social Welfare services and Hyperbaric Unit.
– Dialysis Services –Kidney/Renal Dialysis Treatment.
– Wellness Area – Healing Garden.
– Operating Theatre- Surgical Procedures.