- 29 MAY 2021
Prime Minister’s Media Conference – Saturday 29th May, 2021
Prime Minister Dr the Hon. Keith Rowley, made several COVID-19 related announcements during a media conference held at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s today (Saturday 29th May, 2021).
The Prime Minister announced the following:
– Government has made two payments to obtain additional COVID-19 vaccines. Dr Rowley confirmed that payments were made for additional Sinopharm vaccines. He also said that a payment was made to the African Medical Supplies Platform for vaccines.
– 10,000 doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines have been donated to Trinidad and Tobago by the Government of Grenada. Dr Rowley thanked Grenada for their generous donation.
– Dr Rowley reiterated that all restaurants remain closed. As such, restaurants will not be allowed to prepare packaged food for sale elsewhere.
– Hardware stores across the country will be closed for one week.
– The Government intends to implement additional restrictions for the two holidays next week (Indian Arrival Day and Corpus Christi). The Attorney General will provide details on these measures.
From Monday 7th June, 2021 people will begin to receive their second dose of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.
Minister of Health, the Hon. Terrence Deyalsingh said the Regional Health Authorities will contact individuals for their second appointment.
Minister Deyalsingh said that the process will take place at five mass vaccination sites in the country:
– Eastern Region: National Racquet Centre (Tacarigua) and
– Mayaro Sport Facility.
– North Central Region: University of Trinidad and Tobago UTT) Munroe Road.
– North West Region: Paddock, Queen’s Park Savannah.
– South-West Region: Southern Academy for the Performing Arts (SAPA).