- 24 OCT 2020
Prime Minister’s Media Conference- Saturday 24th October, 2020
Prime Minister Dr the Hon Keith Rowley made several adjustments to the existing COVID-19 Public Health Ordinance Regulations at a media conference held at the Scarborough Library Facility today (Saturday 24th October, 2020).
Dr Rowley announced the following which comes into effect from Monday 26 October, 2020:
– All beaches and coastal waters around Trinidad and Tobago will be open for use by members of the public from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm.
– All places of worship will be allowed to host services which should not exceed one hour. Each facility must operate at 50 per cent capacity.
– The entire Public Service will resume work.
– In-house dining at restaurants and bars continue to remain closed. Measures to be reviewed in two weeks.
– Hotels and guesthouses with onsite pools will be allowed to permit guests to use their pools. Rivers and ponds remain closed.
– Gyms to reopen at 50 percent capacity. Opening hours- 6 am to 10 pm.
– Trinidad and Tobago’s border restrictions remain in place. The Government will establish a committee comprising of the Minister of National Security, the Minister of Health, and the Attorney General to examine the removal of the country’s exemption system and allow returning nationals to enter the country as flights become available.
– Post-Secondary and Tertiary classes that cannot be done through online learning will be granted exemptions.