- 19 JUN 2021
Prime Minister’s Media Conference – Saturday 19th June, 2021
The 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. weekend curfew will remain in place on the 25th, 26th and 27th of June, 2021. For the month of July, it is expected that the 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew will resume on weekends.
Prime Minister Dr the Hon. Keith Rowley made the announcement during a media conference held at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s today (Saturday 19th June, 2021).
The Prime Minister also announced the following:
– The resumption of the construction sector is expected to take place from Monday 28th June, 2021.
– The nation’s borders are on track for reopening from the second week of July.
– Dr Rowley outlined the expected shipment of COVID-19 vaccines:
- 33,600 doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines to arrive at the end of July from the COVAX facility (third shipment).
- An additional Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines shipment from China expected in July.
- The first tranche of the Johnson and Johnson vaccines expected in August.
The Prime Minister called on the country’s leaders to encourage members of the public to become vaccinated with the available WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccines. Dr Rowley reminded the population that the vaccination policy continues to be voluntary.