Prime Minister’s Media Conference – Saturday 16th October, 2021.
Prime Minister Dr the Hon. Keith Rowley announced adjustments to the existing Public Health Ordinance Regulations at a media conference held at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s today (Saturday 16th October, 2021).
Dr Rowley said the following:
– From November 1st, 2021 –
• Bars, restaurants, casinos and cinemas to operate at full capacity and serve alcohol to vaccinated patrons.
• The Public Service to begin returning to work in larger numbers.
• Horse racing to resume with vaccinated patrons in the stands only.
– From Monday 18th October, 2021–
• Services at places of worship extended to 90 minutes. To remain at 25 percent capacity.
• Public Gatherings to be increased from five to 10 people.
– Caribbean Airlines will be allowed to resume full service between Trinidad and Tobago.
Regarding the use of vaccination boosters, the Prime Minister said, “We are observing the science and authorisation with respect to the use of boosters in the vaccination programme, and we will be guided by the health department on that and the international clearances where they come.”