- 15 JAN 2022
Prime Minister’s Media Conference – Saturday 15th January, 2022.
Prime Minister Dr the Hon. Keith Rowley has announced an extension of the deadline for public sector workers to identify their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Dr Rowley made the comment while speaking during a media conference held at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s today (Saturday 15th January, 2022).
Last month Dr Rowley stated that all Government workplaces would require vaccinated employees from mid-January 2022.
Today the Prime Minister said, “I have asked the Attorney General to take a little more time … I am announcing that what we had intended on the 17th January will now be done somewhere about the 17th of February.
I am very pleased from some of the reports I got from the public sector that we have improved some of our vaccination.”
Prime Minister Rowley also announced the establishment of a committee to investigate the factors contributing to the clinical outcomes of COVID-19 patients in Trinidad and Tobago. A report is expected to be completed in one week’s time. This report will be made public.
- Chairman- Professor Terrence Seemungal, PhD, FRCP, FACP – Dean Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies (UWISTA)
- Professor Emerita Phyllis Pitt-Miller, MD, FRCA – Consultant Anesthetist and Intensive Care Specialist, Former Dean Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies (UWISTA)
- Dr. Anton Cumberbatch, MD, MPH – Public Health Specialist and Former Chief Medical Officer, Ministry of Health (MOH)
- Dr. Vidya Dean, DM (UWI), DA (UK), FFDRCS (I), FRCA (L) – Consultant Anesthetist and Intensive Care Specialist
- Professor Donald Simeon, PhD – Director, Caribbean Centre for Health Systems Research and Development, Professor of Biostatistics and Public Health Research, Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of the West Indies (UWISTA)
Dr Rowley announced the following changes to the Public Health Regulations which will take effect from Monday 17th January, 2022:
– All beaches will now open from 5:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
– The reopening of rivers with restrictions – No gatherings in excess of 10 people, no music, no open fires, no consumption of alcohol and no parties.