Prime Minister’s Media Conference – Saturday 13th November, 2021.
The State of Emergency will be discontinued on Wednesday 17th November, 2021.
Prime Minister Dr the Hon. Keith Rowley said while the Government will approach Parliament next week to revoke the SOE, the pandemic will continue to be managed under the Public Health Regulations.
Dr Rowley made the announcement at a media conference held at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s today (Saturday 13th November, 2021).
The Prime Minister also announced the following adjustments to the Public Health Regulations:
– Continued mandatory mask-wearing.
– Public gatherings remain at 10 persons.
– Party boats and nightclubs will remain closed. Public fetes and parties remain prohibited.
– Current arrangements for schools remain in place. Students in forms 4-6 to attend.
– Religious services remain at 90 mins. Places of worship at 50% capacity. These capacity rules apply to funerals, weddings and christening services. Gravesites limited to 25 persons.
– Bars, Restaurants, Cinemas, Casinos etc, will continue to offer full service including alcohol at a capacity of 50% for safe zones.
– Public Transport to remain at 75%.
– Border arrangements remain in place. Fully vaccinated persons allowed entry with negative PCR tests within 72 hours of arrival. Unvaccinated nationals will still be required to quarantine on arrival at their expense. Unvaccinated non-nationals will not be permitted entry to TT.
– Safe zones remain for vaccinated staff and patrons.
– Consumption of alcohol in public spaces remains prohibited.
– Public pools to be opened to fully vaccinated persons as safe zones.
– Beaches and Rivers remain closed.