- 10 OCT 2020
Prime Minister’s Media Conference- Saturday 10th October, 2020
Members of the public can now gather in groups of 10, as Prime Minister Dr the Hon Keith Rowley announced several adjustments to the Public Health Ordinance Regulations during a media conference held at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s today (Saturday 10th October, 2020).
Dr Rowley also announced the following:
- Funerals will now allow gatherings of 20.
- Measures to be relaxed on bars, restaurants and places of worship by 24th October, once there are no significant increases in positive cases.
- Caribbean Airlines will operate six flights daily to Tobago.
- The Public Service will continue to operate on a 50 percent rotation; however a signed roster will be implemented by Heads of Departments at all work stations to ensure workers do not abuse the system.
- Exemptions have been granted for the operation of tours at the Buccoo Reef and the Caroni Swamp (diving and swimming are still prohibited).
Minister of National Security, the Hon Stuart Young provided an update on exemptions granted to nationals entering and exiting the country:
- The total numbers of exemptions granted to enter Trinidad and Tobago as of October 6th, 2020 are 5,284.
- The total numbers of exemptions granted to leave Trinidad and Tobago as of October 6th, 2020 are 7,208.