- 10 JUL 2021
Prime Minister’s Media Conference – Saturday 10th July, 2021.
All restaurants, food establishments, itinerant and non-itinerant food services will be allowed to provide drive-through, curbside and takeaway services only from Monday 19th July, 2021. No consumption of food will be allowed on site.
Prime Minister Dr the Hon. Keith Rowley made the announcement during a media conference held at the Diplomatic Centre, St Ann’s today (Saturday 10th July, 2021).
Dr Rowley also announced the following:
– The resumption of outdoor exercise and activity in public spaces, limited to groups of five (Monday 19th July, 2021).
– From Monday 12th July, 2021:
- All sectors of manufacturing will be allowed to resume.
- The reopening of Car dealerships.
– Further removal of restrictions will be announced at the end of July.
– A shipment of 800,000 doses of the Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccine is expected to arrive in the country on Tuesday 13th July, 2021.
Dr Rowley said during the month of July, “this country will be significantly vaccinated”, noting the commencement of an additional mass vaccination programme to begin on Friday 16th July, 2021. Details will be provided by the Ministry of Health.
He said the Government is hoping to fully vaccinate 900,000 people.